Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday

Today's Schedule:

6:30 am - leave for hike
10:00 - arrive back and eat breakfast
10:15 - cooking demonstration (very interesting)
11:30 - Core workout and stretch
1:00 - lunch
2:30 - Cardio Intervals (on an elliptical or other machine)
3:30 - Total Toning (I think this is free weights)
4:30 - Aquacise (exercise in the pool!)
5:30 - dinner
6:15 - Lecture: Spending Your Calories Wisely

So far today's going really well. The hike was fabulous and actually felt easier on my body than yesterday's "hike" on pavement. We saw some absolutely amazing views - it's really a different kind of beautiful here.

I feel that I was very well prepared for this trip. My workouts with Jon, Cabrillo pilates class, and spin class at SV Fitness gave me a lot of knowledge that has given me a very good foundation for fitness.

One thing that I've realized by being here (Jon, you're absolutely right!) is that I CAN work out more than once a day! Here I'm working out WAY more than once a day and I feel great. Another huge insight I've had is that this (and really everything else) is not a quick fix. Not that I came here looking for a quick fix, but just in case anyone thought it was, I realize that long-term success is going to mean working out and limiting calories day in and day out.

Gotta run to lunch...I'll try to post some pictures later - I'm still having some trouble with wireless!

No comments: